Posts Tagged 'bsg'
Tags: bsg, caprica, catwoman, cons, dragoncon, fandom, harry potter, RL/501st, sdcc, star trek, star wars, video
Tags: bsg, caprica, comics, fandom
– Adam Hughes’s “Women of DC” Poster Yeah, this is a semi-old picture, but I absolutely LOVE it. And this is a really cool page about the progress and changes of the piece. (Frankly, I’m shocked that Harley and Ivy were originally on there but Selina Kyle wasn’t. Catwoman has been a DC staple for decades! Of course, I might be a little biased…)
– Jennifer Loven, AP, and Jake Tapper, ABC Confront Gibbs about the $100 in Spending Cuts “$100 million is a lot but $8 billion is small?” I love Jake Tapper. (He has a transcript on his own site, here.)
– Crimes suspected in 20 bailout cases — for starters This is what happens when your legislators lack foresight. Or basic reading comprehension and critical thinking skills.
– Caprica, the Battlestar spin-off prequel, comes out on DVD today. I’m probably going to get it after exams… it can be a reward for surviving my 1L year. ^_^ (Fun fact: Caprica is the name of my wireless network! And my Macbook is called Colonial One. My nerdity knows no bounds.)
– Twilight’s Vampires Defeated by Lawsuit? No no no, legal team. You are going after the wrong person!!! (Background Info here. And here. With supplementary links here. And yes, I am amazed that this woman still doesn’t understand how selling fanfiction is illegal!)
Tags: bsg, tv/film
Recently, Slate published an article about how “Battlestar Galactica” isn’t as “frakking feminist” as the creators, network, etc. want you to believe. (Spoilers for the final season if you decide to read it. Specifically, spoilers about one of the female pilots…) However, I think that some of their arguments are pretty flawed, specifically their argument about how rape is treated on BSG.